The System cannot find path specified error means that your system cannot find the path specified.
This error may occur due to missing system files.
In this article, we will show you the best methods to fix autodesk the system cannot find the path specified without data loss.
- The autodesk the system cannot find the path specified error can happen with AutoCAD software versions.
- Users have found that they can fix the AutoCAD cannot find the path specified error by updating their system.
- You should also consider updating your AutoCAD software, using a dedicated tool.
Update the Windows 11 version
- Go to Start > type windows update and select Windows Update
- Run the Windows update manually
Go to https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update/download
- Restart the PC
- Run the Diagnostic Toolkit
Run the Registry Editor
- To do that, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Type regedit in Run and click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Press the File menu, and select the Export option.
- Enter a path for the exported file in Registry Editor’s File menu.
- Then select the File menu again, and select the Import option.
- Press the Browse button and open the Registry file previously exported.
- Select the registry file, and click the Open button.
- Press the Yes button to confirm the import operation.
Modify the Registry
- Open Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Run accessory.
- Enter the following commands into the Edit menu:
- Double-click the DisableOSUpgrade entry to open its Value data.
- Enter 0 in the Value data box.
- Press the OK button to save the changes and exit the Registry Editor.
- Open the Default Programs dialog.
- Select the Set your default programs option.
- Select the Set this program as default checkbox for the problematic program.
Verify the System file permissions
- Right-click on the Start button and select Run from the option.
- Type in command into the Run box and press Enter.
- In the Command prompt window type in the following: icacls “%SystemRoot%\system32\config\system” /grant administrators:F
- This will make sure the admins group can execute the files.
- Reinstall the Autodesk software
Open the Start menu, type “Windows update” into the search box and open it.