Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software lets you convert scanned text documents into editable text.
The PDF, Word, Excel, and image files are digitally scanned into an editable text format.
This helps you to edit the scanned images, documents, scanned PDFs, and images into editable text format.
Moreover, OCR software lets you scan images, documents, scanned PDFs, and images into editable text format.
One popular OCR software is Nuance OmniPage 18.
This software is a document imaging and conversion software that supports multiple file formats.
However, users reported getting an error while installing Nuance OmniPage 18.
One user stated on Microsoft Answers,
> I am attempting to install Nuance OmniPage 18 (1years ago) and I get > downloaded_to_disk_error_message: Error code 2147467259.
The downloaded_to_disk_error_message error can appear while the installation is in progress, or while uninstalling the software.
- Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, allows you to convert printed text into editable files.
- R is very useful for scanned documents, but it can also be used to convert text from printed documents.
- There are many free OCR software programs out there, but not all of them work in the same way.
Use a dedicated OCR software
- Google offers a bunch of free OCR software that you can use with devices such as the Chromebook.
- You can go through the list on Google’s official website.
- Here’s a direct link if you want to download Google’s free software.
- After you download the software, install and run it.
- Now, open a file that you want to convert.
- Select the file and then hit the OCR button.
Use OCR software
- If OCR software can’t be installed, try installing it from another PC.
- If the software doesn’t work, try using an OCR tool.
Install OCR software
- Download and install the OCR software.
- Input the text in the document
Open any document.
- Input the text you want to convert.
- Edit the text
Edit the text or image.
- Check the text for errors.
Use a third-party OCR Software
- Install Open OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software.
- Run the software, and select the Image file from the gallery of options.
- Click on Start OCR button.
- The processing starts and converts image to text.