The i Love you game errors can be a headache, so today we’re going to show you some solutions to fix this issue.
- The i Love you Game error message appears when the app fails to initialize, and there are multiple reasons for it.
- You can fix this issue by reinstalling the app, by starting it in Safe Mode, and by following the steps below.
Update your graphics card driver
- First, open Device Manager, and locate your graphics card.
When found, right-click it and choose Update driver from the menu.
- Next, select Search automatically for drivers and click on Next.
- Now, let the system download and install the latest driver available.
- The error “i love you” might be caused by Avast antivirus. Disabling it will help.
- Go to Start > type Avast > select Avast Antivirus.
- Go to the Settings tab > under General tab > click on Disable Antivirus.
Disable Windows Defender
- Type Windows Defender in the Search bar, click the relevant search result and open it
- Click Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Navigate to Virus & threat protection
- Click Virus & threat protection Settings
- From the left pane, select Virus & threat protection Settings
- In the right pane, uncheck Scan files when I start Windows
- Click Apply
- Restart your PC
Run SFC and DISM scans
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, type cmd, and click on the relevant search result.
- Click on the Run as administrator option under Command prompt.
- Type the sfc/scannow command, and press the Return key.
- Then, enter the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command, and press the Return key.
- Wait until the SFC and DISM scans complete.
Roll back your graphics driver
- Press the Windows key + X combination, and select Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Display adapters option to expand it, right-click on your graphics card, and select Uninstall device.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC, and install it once again.