The Canon ip7200 printer is a multifunctional printer device. The printer offers various functionalities including printing, scanning, and copying.
However, some users have reported that the printer is not responding. The printer is supposed to respond when the cartridge is empty or when there are paper jams.
If the printer is not responding, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Canon ip7200 not responding issue.
- When Canon IP7200 printer no longer works, it might be caused by outdated drivers.
- Check your network settings to make sure you’re using the right network.
Run a Troubleshooting Wizard
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app and select the Update & Security option.
- In the left pane, select Troubleshoot from the menu. In the right pane, select Additional troubleshooters.
- In the list of troubleshooters, locate Printer and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Go to Start > type troubleshooter > click on Troubleshooting
- Select Hardware and Devices > click Run the troubleshooter
- Restart your computer
- Run a Software Update
- Run a System Restore
- Go to Start > type update in the Search box > select Windows Update option.
- Check for any available updates and install them.
- Restart your computer.
- Try printing again.
Run a System Restore
- Press Windows key + R to open Run, type msconfig in Run, and click OK.
- If System Configuration opens, select the Boot tab.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Click the Settings button.
- Select Load System Defaults and click OK.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Click the Restart button.
Reset the Canon Ip7200
- Press the Power button and the Power button at the same time.
- Press the Ink button 5 times within 2 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, press the Power button.
- Press the Power button one more time.
- Press the Power button 5 times.
- The printer should start initializing.