If you log into a new Windows PC with your Google account, you may notice that several applications, including Google Chrome, are already logged in, and your default account is your Google account.
However, this may not be the case, and you can change it to a different account, such as your Microsoft account, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
Also, if you’re having issues logging in to your Google account, then check out the solutions that we have for you below.
- Switching your Google account to a new one is an easy process, and you can do it in just a few minutes.
- To switch from your Gmail account to another, simply follow these steps:\n 1.
- Visit Google Account Settings, and sign out.\n 2.
- Visit Google Account, and sign in with your new account.\n 3.
- Go to Account and Privacy and switch the email address.\n 4.
- Go to Account and Privacy again and sign out.
Check your email settings
- Open the Gmail homepage.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on your profile picture (located at the top right).
- Click on Account details.
- Scroll down in the Account settings section.
- Make sure that the Account type is set to Personal and that Account status is set to Active.
Check which Google account you are using
- Go to Google and sign in.
- Go to Account and select your Google account.
- Go to the Account settings page and scroll down until you see the Default account section.
- Click the Change button.
- Select a different Google account and click OK.
Use a third-party tool
- We recommend using this tool to change your default Google account. It is easy to use and doesn’t require any technical background.
- Download and install this tool on your computer.
- Open the tool and follow the instructions on the screen.
Modify the registry
- Type regedit in the Run box and click OK.
- Under the HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings, find the DefaultAccounts value.
- Right-click and delete it.
- Now, right-click the DefaultAccounts value and select New DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Label it DefaultAccounts.
- Set its value to 1.
- Restart your computer.