If you have the Dell Thunderbolt Dock, you might want to know, what is the problem with the device.
This dock is a high-end device, and some users reported that the dock won’t turn on.
This can be a big problem, and in today’s article, we will explore a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix this problem.
- Users can get the error message Dell Thunderbolt Dock won’t turn on if the dock is not getting any power.
- Issues with the USB port might also be the cause for the Dell Thunderbolt Dock not working.
- To fix Dell Thunderbolt Dock not turning on, you can use Windows 10 built-in troubleshooting.
Update the Thunderbolt drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate the Thunderbolt driver and right click on it.
- Select Update driver from the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Perform a Power cycle
- Press the Windows + I keys, and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Portable Devices section, right-click on the Dell Thunderbolt Dock, and select Uninstall device.
- Wait for the process to finish, and restart your PC.
- Check your system to see if the issue persists.
Uninstall the Thunderbolt drivers
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Device Manager option.
- Double-click on the Thunderbolt driver to uninstall it.
- Restart your PC.
Update your BIOS
- Press Windows + I to open Settings, click on System on the tabs, then click on Update & Security.
- Next, click on Windows Update from the left pane. Now, click on the Check for updates button.
Check the cables
- Ensure that the cables are firmly inserted.
- Verify that the Thunderbolt cable is properly connected.
- Unplug and plug the Thunderbolt cable again.
Reset BIOS settings
- Press the Power button on your computer
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 30 seconds
- Release the power button
- Press the power button again
Perform a clean boot
- Press the Windows key + S, type msconfig, and click Run as administrator.
- On the System Configuration window, go to the Selective startup section.
- Check the Load startup items option and click the Disable all button.
- Click the Apply button and wait for the restart.