Google Home is one of the most popular smart devices on the market, with many users reporting issues with the device not connecting to the Internet.
- Google Home is great for controlling the connected smart devices in your home, but it won’t connect to internet if something goes wrong.
- Unplugging the Google Home from the power socket and reconnecting it has fixed this issue for many users.
- You should make sure that your router and Google Home are on the same network.
Check the assistant’s internet connection
- Open the Google Home app and go to the Devices tab.
- Select your device in the list, and then press on Settings.
- Here, you will see a list of your Wi-Fi networks. Select the one you are using, and then press the Back option.
Make sure that assistant is connected on the same network as the router
- If both Google home and the wifi router are on the same network, try moving your wifi router to a different location
- Try disabling or turning off your antivirus
- Try to sign in and connect to google assistant
- Try to manually open the Google assistant app
Make sure that your Wi-Fi is strong enough
- Google home devices need a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Turn off the Google Home and plug the power adapter in.
- Plug the power adapter in then wait for 1 minute.
- If the Google Home device is still offline, try resetting the Google Home device.
Make sure that your Wi-Fi is secured
- Use WPA encryption to keep your data safe.
- Make sure your router is as close to the Google Home as possible.
- Check if you have an active internet connection.
Restart the router
- Reboot your router, and try to connect again.
- Update the app
To check if an app update is required, open Google Play Store.
- Click on Menu and select My apps & games.
- Click Update All button to see available updates.
- Restart the device
Reboot the device and try again.
- Try to connect manually
Some users have reported that their Google Home is not working after installing and uninstalling the Google Home app.
- However, you can manually connect the app to the speaker.
- To connect manually, open the Google Home app.
- Click on the Menu icon, and select Add Device or go to Menu and click Add Device.
- Choose the speaker device and follow the instructions to connect it.
Disable your Antivirus
- Some Antivirus programs can block the Smart Home app from working
- Disable your Firewall
- Check your Router Security
- Restart your device