This complex organ can be affected by many medical conditions. But hearing loss, or auditory loss, is the most common.
The loss of hearing can be mild, moderate, or profound.
We will explore some of the causes and effects of hearing loss, as well the ways you can prevent and treat them.
- Hearing loss can have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life, so it’s important to treat it as soon as possible.
- There are a number of factors that can affect your hearing, such as genetics, noise, and age.
- If your hearing has been affected, you should consider using special hearing aids that can dramatically improve your quality of life.
Use a specialist ear cleaning tool
- Some earwax tools can clear wax out of the ear wax without you doing any heavy lifting. The non-manual tools can make it easier to clean your ears than not cleaning them at all.
- A doctor can clean your ears
- A doctor can clean your ears. However, the medical appointment may not be free.
- Earwax can accumulate over time
- A buildup of earwax can cause hearing loss and other problems. You can use an earwax removal tool or a cotton swab to clear out earwax.
Use a specialist ear cleaning solution
- Clean your ears every 1-2 days with a specialist ear cleaning solution. To make your own solution, mix 1 drop of baby oil or mineral oil with 8 drops of white vinegar or rubbing alcohol.
- Clean your ear gently with the solution using a cotton swab.
- Use a specialist ear drying solution
Dry your ears with specialist ear drying solution. To make your own solution, mix 1 teaspoon of baby oil or mineral oil with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or rubbing alcohol in 1 cup of warm water.
- Use a cool blow dryer to dry your ear.
Change your hearing aid settings
- Your audiologist can help set your hearing aid to its best frequency response and volume level.
- Check your hearing aids’ batteries
Your hearing aids will need batteries to operate.
- Replace your hearing aid if it’s not working properly
If your hearing aid is still under warranty, have it repaired or replaced.