Windows 10 comes with numerous security features, but users often encounter problems while trying to access websites.
For example, some of our readers reported that they are getting a message saying the website is blocked on their computer.
This can be a problem, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to unblock websites on your Windows 10 computer.
But first, let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons websites can get blocked by your firewall.
- The firewall is a must-have protection tool, and today, it blocks access to sites or even whole servers.
- If you can get past the firewall, you can access the blocked website by opening it in a new incognito window.
Check Windows 10’s Windows Defender Firewall
- Open Windows Defender Security Center. To do that, press the Windows key + I button to open Settings.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click Add to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Websites and apps.
- Select the website you want to open.
- Select the Allow the connection option.
- Close Windows Defender Security Center.
Allow access to specific website
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app and select Network & Internet from the list of options.
- Click the Firewall & network protection option.
- Select the Allow an app or feature option.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Select the Websites option.
- In the Websites section, type the website’s URL in the text box provided.
- Select the Always allow option.
Run the Internet Explorer troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + I keys to launch the Settings app, and click on the Update & Security option.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option under the Windows Security section.
- Select Internet Apps and Browsers from the list of troubleshooters, and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooting process.
Allow all websites and apps through Firewall
- Press Windows + R, type firewall.com, and click OK.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Navigate to the Allow another app or feature (Windows 8) or Add an app or feature (Windows 10) section.
- Select Internet Radios (Windows 10) or Streaming Media Players (Windows 8) from the list.
- Click on Add feature.