Some users reported that they can’t access Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services that are not available in their area.
> My IP is in the US, however, I am unable to watch Netflix or Hulu. Netflix > states my IP location is not in the United States. Any ideas?
In this article, we explore the best methods you can use to fake an IP address location.
- The fake IP address location feature allows you to access region restricted content.
- Some users report that the VPN provider is ignoring the fake IP address location.
- Deleting the VPNs file and enabling this feature in the Windows VPN app will help.
Select the Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) network adapter
- Right-click the network adapter and select Properties
- Click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option
- Click the Properties button
- Click the Use the following IP address option
- Type IP address in the Local area network (LAN) address field
- Click Advanced
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically
- Click Ok
Right click the network adapter and choose Properties
- In the Network Connection Properties tab, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option
- Click on the Use the following IP address option
- In the IP Address box, enter 220.127.116.11
- In the Subnet mask box, enter 255.255.255.0
- In the Network Mask box, enter 32
- In the Default Gateway box, enter 18.104.22.168
- Click on OK to save the settings
Select Internet Protocol Version 4
- Set the first option to Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Choose Obtain an IP address automatically using DHCP.
- Select Select to Obtain an IP address automatically.
- Click OK.
Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings
- Navigate to the Settings app > select Network & Internet > select Wi-Fi > select the Wi-Fi network you want to change
- Under the Wireless Network, click Manage known networks
- Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings > click Save
- Restart your PC
Change the network adapter location
- Go to Start > type network adapter > right-click on Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Adapter > go to Properties
- Go to TCP/IP > Click Properties
- Go to Advanced
- Change the location to Any