Chromecast is a media streaming device that lets you stream videos, audio, photos and more from your phone, tablet or laptop to your TV.
With Chromecast, you can connect with your other devices and play the stored content directly from your device.
Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services in the world, but connecting your Chromecast to Netflix doesn’t seem to work all the time.
In this article, we will explore a few solutions to fix this problem once and for all.
- Chromecast is a fantastic streaming device that connects easily to Netflix.
- To connect Chromecast to Netflix, you’ll need a Chromecast-ready device.
- Using Chrome Chromecast extension is a reliable method that also doesn’t require an app.
Check Netflix subscription
- Make sure that your account is up to date with the Netflix and that your subscription does not expire soon.
- Check if the Netflix app is up to date
- Follow the steps mentioned here to update your Netflix app
- Update your Chromecast
- Go to Settings on your Chromecast
- Select About
- Wait for the update to finish.
- Restart your Chromecast
- Restart your Netflix app
Check internet connection
- Ensure that the HDMI output device is connected to the same network as your Chromecast.
- Check the status of your internet connection.
- Unplug the HDMI output device from the router and turn it on.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then plug in the HDMI output device again.
- Check if you can stream on the TV.
- Restart Chromecast
Restart the Chromecast device and check if streaming works.
- Restart your router
If streaming still does not work, then restart your router.
Check Chromecast device
- Make sure that the Chromecast device is connected and is powered on.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that your computer is connected to.
- Make sure that your Chromecast device is connected to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Check any HDMI extenders, splitters, or converters that might be connected to the TV.
Check IP address
- Open the Settings app and go to Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi from the left pane.
- Tap on your Chromecast device from the list.
- Now, tap the Advanced button.
- Now, look for your IP address. It’s usually 192.168.1.191.
- Copy the IP address and paste it into your browser.
- You should see a dashboard similar to the one below.