Video recording on Windows 10 is a very important feature because you can use it to record and store videos.
However, some users reported that Windows 10 does not record video, and in today’s article, we will explore the causes and resolutions for this issue.
- You can easily record video in Windows 10 on your PC.
- The built-in system recorder app is perfectly capable of recording your screen.
- You can also use a third-party app or app recorder to record any video on your PC.
Adjust the graphics settings
- Open the Settings app and go to the System section. Once here, click on Display.
- Move the slider to the left or right depending on your needs.
Disable the Windows 10 Game Bar
- First, you need to disable Windows 10 Game Bar, which you can also do with the Windows 10 Game Bar hotkey.
- Press Windows Key + G to open the Game bar.
- Next, on the Game bar, click the Settings button.
- Then, click the cog icon next to Record button.
- Select Stop recording.
Restart your display
- Open your Display panel
Select Advanced Display Settings
- In the Display Adapter Properties window, click “Change Settings”
- Select “Adjust for best performance”
- Now click Apply and OK
Update your graphics card driver
- Press Windows Key + S and enter device manager. Now select Device Manager from the list of results.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your graphics card driver, right-click it and choose Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers. Your PC will now download and install the latest drivers for your card.
Adjust the sound settings
- This is one of the most common problems with Windows 10 recordings. Check if the Sound settings are properly configured and adjust the settings as required.
- Configure the Recording Source
The first step to configure your recording source is to open the Sound app. You can right-click the Start button and select Sound to open it.
- In the Sound app, select Recording from the left pane.
- Next, select the default recording device and disable all other options from the drop-down menu.
- Also, uncheck all boxes in the Microphone section.
- Now, click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.