One of the most popular budget laptops on the market is the Lenovo G50-30, and like many other budget laptops, it suffers from various hardware issues.
Even though Lenovo offers drivers that can fix some of the more common issues, sometimes a driver update may not fix all problems.
- Many Lenovo G50 users have claimed that their camera is not working in Windows 10.
- The error is caused by outdated drivers, so you should update your drivers.
- Another solution is to update the BIOS, so make sure to update it.
- Make sure that your camera and microphone are enabled in Settings.
Restart your computer
- Visit this page and download the Lenovo Camera Driver
Download the Windows Driver Kit and extract the files.
Run the DriverUpdate.exe.
Click the Browse button and select the DriverUpdate.inf file, then click Next.
- Click Finish and restart your PC.
Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Right-click Start and select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Additional troubleshooters to expand the list of troubleshooters.
- Select Device performance.
- Select Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
Use a 3rd-party software driver installer
- Download Driver Easy
- Open Driver Easy
- Click the Scan Now button
- Driver Easy will scan your PC and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged drivers.
Reinstall Lenovo Camera driver
- Press Windows + X to launch the Power User menu.
- Select the Device Manager option.
- Locate the device, right-click on it and choose Uninstall device.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Download the latest Lenovo Camera driver from the official download page.
- Now, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Install Windows 10 updates
- Go to the search bar in Windows 10’s taskbar, enter update in the text field at the top, and click on the relevant search result.
- Select the Check for updates button.
- Then click the Download and install button to install any available updates.