Many users reported the Windows 8 driver error with logitech c920 webcam.
> I cannot get the webcam to work with my windows 8 laptop. The webcam and > microphone worked fine with my windows 7 laptop, but now whenever I try > installing the webcam driver in windows 8, the device manager seems to fail > and says this:
> “The webcam cannot start. (Code 10)”
In the guide below, we’ll be covering a few troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the logitech c920 driver error.
- The Logitech c920 driver error may occur because the newer Logitech camera doesn’t work with Windows 8.
- To fix the issue, run the built-in troubleshooter or reinstall the driver.
Remove the driver completely
- To uninstall the driver, open Device Manager.
- Go to View and select Show hidden devices.
- Locate your Logitech device driver and right click it. Choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- If prompted, click Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the Logitech C920 driver from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded setup file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, launch the Logitech SetPoint software.
Uninstall and reinstall the driver
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, and select the Device Manager option.
- Click the arrow next to the Logitech entry to expand it, right-click the entry, and select the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes in the confirmation prompt to uninstall the Logitech driver.
- Then, restart Windows.
- Install the Logitech driver
Run the SFC scan
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Command prompt (Admin) to open an elevated Command prompt window.
- Input sfc /scannow in the Command prompt window and press Enter.
- Wait for the scan to complete.
Run the DISM scan
- Press the Windows key + S, type cmd, and select Run as administrator under Command prompt.
- Type the command below and hit Enter: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for the command to finish (it might take a while).