If you are having trouble booting your Windows 8 with a bootable USB, you probably need to follow this guide.
- Windows 8 does not have the option to boot from USB, yet it can be easily performed.
- Plug your USB stick into the computer, go to the BIOS menu, and enable the Boot From USB option.
- Windows 8’s built-in Safe Mode can prove to be a useful tool for troubleshooting your PC’s issues.
Run the SFC and DISM commands
Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard and choose Command prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
When Command prompt opens, enter the following command: sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scan to complete. This can take several minutes.
- When SFC scan is finished, it will display the results. The Command prompt will now close.
- Now, you need to run DISM tool. To do that, type the following in Command prompt and press Enter: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- DISM scan will now start. Wait for the scan to complete.
- Once scan is finished, the DISM tool will now display the results. Press the Enter key to close the Command prompt.
Use advanced startup options
- Press Windows Key + X and select Power Options.
- Navigate to the Choose what the power button does section.
- Now select Restart from the menu.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
- Click the Startup Settings button.
- Choose Restart now and enter Advanced options
- Select the Restart now and check for problems option.
Change the Boot Order
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type msconfig in the text field, and click OK or press Enter.
- Navigate to the Boot tab, select USB from the Device Boot Order drop-down list, and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch the Disk Management tool.
- Right-click on the USB partition and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Tools tab near the top of the window and choose the Check now option.
- Now, click the Repair button and check if the error is resolved.
How do I make USB bootable Windows 11?
- Download Windows USB/DVD Download Tool
- Insert the desired USB into the Windows 8 PC
- Open the downloaded Windows USB/DVD Download Tool
- Choose the USB flash drive as the destination
- Click the Download tool now button