Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable is a set of files that enables a program to use Microsoft Visual C ++ libraries.
However, sometimes, users may encounter the error ms visual c while attempting to install the program.
- The ms visual c errors may appear, and it is recommended to use a dedicated tool to fix them.
- Deleting your temporary files or tweaking your antivirus settings is also fruitful.
Perform basic troubleshooting
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Additional troubleshooters.
- Click Windows Update, and then click Run the troubleshooter.
Check that you have sufficient RAM
- Open Task Manager.
- Select the Performance tab.
- Select the Memory option.
- Select the Total column and see how much RAM is installed.
- If RAM is less than 2 GB (for 32-bit OS) or 4 GB (for 64-bit OS), it’s advisable that you increase the RAM.
Perform a clean boot
Click Start -> type msconfig -> click Ok
Open the System Configuration window -> go to the Services tab -> select the Hide all Microsoft services option -> click Disable all
- Go to Startup tab -> select Open Task Manager for all startups -> click Disable all -> click on Disable selected
- Check whether the error is resolved
- Check for updates
Disable Antivirus applications
- Open your antivirus program and disable it.
- Reboot your system and check if the error has been resolved.
- Update your drivers
Go to your computer’s Device Manager and look for your graphics card driver.
- Update your driver to the latest version.
Disable or uninstall 3rd party applications
- Certain 3rd party applications create conflicts in Windows 10.
- Try disabling or uninstalling 3rd party programs, and then install Windows 10 again.
- Check your BIOS settings
BIOS settings are specific for each PC.
- Check whether the BIOS settings are appropriate.
Install the latest drivers
- Go to your Device Manager and locate the problematic device. Right-click on the device and choose Update driver. Now choose Search automatically for drivers.
- When the procedure is finished, check if the issue is still there.
How do I install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015?
- Is Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 compatible with Windows 10?
Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
What else can I check?
- First, check if you have the latest Windows Update installed. If not, do that.
- Also, you can double check your PC’s hardware. To do this, right-click on the Windows Start button, go to Device Manager, and check if your PC’s hardware components like CPU, RAM, and motherboard are working properly.