The PS4 Reinstallation File is a file that contains all the information necessary for the system to reinstall your PS4 system software.
The PS4 Reinstallation File is referred to as a PKG file.
!(data:image/svg+xml,%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www.w3.org/2000/svg’%20viewBox=’0%200%20250%20445’%3E%3C/svg%3E)!(https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp- content/uploads/2022/07/PS4-Reinstallation-File-PKG- 1.png)The PS4 Reinstallation File has to be installed onto a flash drive. This file is not installed through the PS4 system software.
The PS4 Reinstallation File is recommended to be backed up before reinstalling your PS4 system software.
- The PS4 reinstallation file (PS4 ISO) is a backup file of the console’s data, which you can use to reinstall your console.
- However, some users reported that they are unable to download this file from the PlayStation website.
- The reason behind this likely has to do with your console not being connected to the internet.
Update your PS4 system
- Go to Settings > About and manually update the PS4 system.
- Turn off your PS4
Turn off the PS4 system.
- Remove external storage devices.
- Make sure your PS4 is in rest mode
Press and hold the Power button on your PS4 system.
- While holding the PlayStation button, press the Options button.
- Release the PlayStation button but continue to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your PS4 system to the Internet.
- Connect your PS4 system to a power source.
- Download the latest system software
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- On the Controller, press the Options button.
Enter safe mode
- To exit Safe Mode, just restart your PC.
- Once in Safe Mode, double-click the PS4Reinstall.exe file
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Reinstall system software
- Uninstall all Sony software.
- Reboot the PS4.
- Turn the console off and unplug it.
- Wait 15 seconds and reconnect the console.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, turn the PS4 back on.
- Reinstall system software
Reinstall your PlayStation 4 operating system
- Open the PlayStation Store.
- Click on Account.
- Select PlayStation Support then Reinstall PS4.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.