Runtime errors can occur for several reasons, but the most common are third-party apps and hardware problems.
So, let’s see what causes Runtime Errors and how to fix them.
- The Runtime Error 32809 is an error that occurs when Windows cannot locate the necessary files.
- Users reported that fixing the Runtime Error 32809 issue by restarting their PC helped.
- Another effective method was to uninstall and reinstall the third-party software.
Update your graphics card drivers
- Go to Start > type Device Manager > open the top result.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click your graphics card > select Update driver.
Run the game in compatibility mode
- If the error appears while installing the game, you might have to run it in compatibility mode. To do that, right-click the installer and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for option, and select Windows 7 from the list.
- Press the Apply button, and then click OK to save the changes.
- Reinstall the game
Run in compatibility mode for Windows 7
- Right click on setup.exe then select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for option
- Select Windows 7
- Click the Apply button
- Close compatibility mode
Run the game in administrator mode
- Right-click on the Fortnite download.
- Select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Run the game in Safe Mode
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey, enter safe mode in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Open the game in Safe Mode.
Change the game’s Startup type
- Go to Steam’s Library > right-click the game > Properties.
- Under General tab, select Change in the Startup type drop-down menu.
Reinstall the game
- Go to your Steam library, right-click on the game, and choose Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Reinstalling the games might fix Runtime Error 32809.
- Run SFC scan
- Launch Command prompt
- Enter sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to be completed