Users have reported that when they launch the System Configuration tool on Windows 10, they receive the following message:
> The module ui32.exe failed to initialize properly (error 0xc0000005)
This is mostly applicable to Windows 10 Pro users, so today we’re going to show you how to fix this error.
- ui32 exe Errors are annoying and can prevent you from enjoying the game.
- One of the solutions is to update your graphics drivers.
Use a specialized tool
- Download the latest ui32 exe file from File Hippo.
- Once the file is downloaded, double-click on it to run it.
- Identify the ui32.exe file that is causing the error.
- Select the ui32.exe file and click on Fix (if the repair tool is available).
Manually create a shortcut
- Download ui32.exe from Microsoft here.
- Double click the ui32.exe file to open.
- Copy the “UI32.exe” file to the Desktop.
- Right-click the “UI32.exe” file and select “Create Shortcut”.
- Click “Yes” when prompted.
- Right-click the desktop shortcut and select “Properties”.
- Open the “Shortcut” tab.
- Click the “Change Icon” button.
- Select “Browse” and navigate to the location of the “UI32.exe” file.
- Select “UI32.exe” and click “Open”.
- Close the “Properties” window.
Run the SFC scan
- Press Windows key + S and type cmd.
- Right-click on Command prompt and choose Run as administrator from the top menu.
- In the Command prompt window type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the scan to complete and restart your computer.
Run the DISM repair tool
- The DISMMGR utility, dism.exe, can attempt to repair Windows image errors. First, open Run by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter dism in Run and click OK to open the tool’s window.
- Click Scan for affected files to open the window shown directly below.
- Select Windows Image Recovery from the Select an option drop-down menu.
- Press the Scan for affected files button.
- Click View results to open the window shown directly below.
- Press the Repair button, and press the Close button to exit.