NAT stands for Network Address Translation and it’s a process through which a local IP address is translated into a temporary IP address.
This IP address is shared by multiple devices on the network, allowing several devices to share the same Internet bandwidth.
NAT can be a pretty efficient solution, but some users reported that their NAT settings are causing some issues.
One user reported that,
> My laptop is unable to connect to the internet. The NAT setting is on > bypass. The wifi LED is blinking continuously.
In this article, we will explore some of the best solutions to this issue.
- The NAT issue can be problematic for slow network performance since it affects the efficiency of the servers.
- The NAT issue can be related to problems with the router or ISP network.
- To fix this problem, change the NAT type to Open, unblock the ports, or change your DNS server.
Use a different IP address
- The NAT router assigns a different IP address to each device that connects.
- This IP address remains static even when you connect your devices.
Use a Static IP address
- Static IPs are IP addresses that do not change.
- Static IPs are more reliable because there’s no risk of them changing.
- Static IPs can be assigned in two minutes.
- Users should request a static IP from their internet service providers.
- Switching routers
Switching routers is a technique that gives users control over their network.
- Users can switch between routers to change networks.
- Switching routers is a technique that can be employed by gamers.
- Users can request a static IP from their internet service providers.
Change your NAT Type to Open
- To change NAT type, press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, navigate to the Network & Internet section.
- Select VPN from the left pane and then choose VPN options from the right pane.
- Now select Change virtual private network (VPN) settings.
- Select Change connection settings from the left pane. Now select Network & Internet from the left pane.
- Locate the Connected via section and change it to Open.