Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player are two of the most popular programs in the world.
However, many users reported that Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player aren’t working properly in Windows 10.
- Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player are great tools, and many users use them on a daily basis.
- However, the Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) and Flash problems users experience don’t necessarily have to do with the software.
Adobe Acrobat or Flash Player not working on Windows 11? Adobe has updated its Flash Player plugin to version 220.127.116.11. However, some users have been reporting issues with Flash Player not working in the Windows 10 update.
Enable Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168
- To update your Flash Player on Windows 11, open the Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser.
- Navigate to the Adobe Flash Player page.
- In the search box, search for Flash Player.
- Click Allow and Install.
Enable Flash Player in Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- Click on Customize and control Google Chrome.
- Click on Settings.
- Navigate to the All settings option from the left-hand pane.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section.
- Click on Content Settings in the left pane.
- Select the Plugins option in the right pane.
- Select Load plugins automatically.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Disable hardware acceleration in Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer 11 by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools option on the menu bar at the top.
- Select the Manage add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the Adobe Flash Player from the available list.
- Click the Disable button to disable Adobe Flash Player.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
- Uninstall Flash player
- Close Acrobat
Update Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave Player
- Click the menu button at the top right of the window.
- Select Help > Check for Updates.
- Wait for Adobe to update the software.
Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
- Go to this link and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
- Run the tool and follow the instructions on the screen
- Restart your computer
- Try to run Adobe Acrobat or Flash Player