The Asus laptops come with high-quality speakers, but some users reported that they are not getting any sound from their Asus laptop speakers.
This issue usually occurs when you install third-party applications and is not a common problem.
In this guide, we will explore a few solutions that can fix this issue.
- Asus laptop speakers not working? This guide will tell you what to do.
- One of the first solutions that you should consider is to update the drivers.
- You should also check that your audio preferences are set correctly.
Check the sound settings
- Open the Settings app and go to the System section.
- In the new window, go to the Sound section.
- Check the settings for Sound Playback and choose the appropriate option.
Check speaker settings
- Go to Search, type sound, and open Sound settings.
- Go to the Playback tab and make sure that the Default device is selected.
- If needed, click the Manage Default Devices button.
- Select asus laptop speakers on the list, click Set Default, and click OK to save changes.
Change your audio output device
- Open your device’s sound settings and go to Output device.
- Choose the appropriate device and check if it works properly. You might need to reboot your computer after changing the devices.
- Update your audio drivers
Navigate to the ASUS website and download the latest audio drivers.
- Install the new drivers and check for any improvements.
- Check your audio configuration
Right-click the volume icon and choose Playback devices.
- Right-click the Audio icon and choose Open Sound Control.
- Click the Playback tab and check the Speakers Properties.
Check for updates
- Go to Start > Settings > System > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Check if there are any updates available.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Install the latest updates.
Reset your audio driver
- Open Device Manager and locate your audio device.
- Right-click on the device and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- When prompted to confirm the action, click Uninstall.
Update your audio driver
- Go to the Start menu and type Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, click on the Sound video and game controllers to expand it.
- Right-click on your speaker driver and select the Update driver option.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- After the process is complete, restart your PC.