Many users reported that their microphone is working fine, but it’s not producing any sound.
This issue can occur due to some reasons. In this article, we will explore some of the best solutions to resolve microphone is not working but no sound issue.
- If the microphone is working but no sound is coming, it’s usually because the device is not connected.
- If the microphone and speakers are working, the issue might be related to the sound card drivers.
- To fix this issue, run the built-in Sound Troubleshooter.
Update your sound drivers
- Go to Start > type device manager > open it
- Locate your audio device > right-click it > select Properties
- Go to the Driver tab
- Click the Update Driver button
- Wait for the process to finish
- Restart your PC
Run Microsoft Sound Troubleshooter
Press the Windows key + I, and navigate to Settings.
Click on Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Sound from the list.
- Select the Run the troubleshooter button.
Disable your antivirus
- Open your antivirus’s settings.
- Locate the Real Time Protection option.
- Disable it for a few seconds.
- Once the Antivirus is enabled, contact the support team of your antivirus and inform them that the Microphone Is Not Working No Sound issue occurs due to your antivirus.
Check your audio settings
- Check Microphone and Speaker settings in the Control Panel.
- Check if your headset and microphone settings are set as default.
- Check if your headset has a mute button.
- Check if your headset microphone port is functioning
Perform a Clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Now click OK.
- When System Configuration window opens, go to the Services tab. Now locate and double-click on Service named Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Now select Disabled and click on the Stop button.
- After doing that, go back to System Configuration window and click on Startup. There, check for any suspicious startup item and disable it.
- Once that is done, click OK to save changes.