The Video size reduction software is a tool that uses algorithms that compress video data to reduce file size.
Reducing the size of video files is essential for users who want to transfer, store, or stream video, especially videos that have high file sizes.
However, many users reported problems reducing the file size of their videos.
- The reducing video file size software is a great solution if you need to compress large files.
- Using a unique video file converter is the quickest way to reduce the file size of your videos.
- You can also edit videos to reduce their size before uploading them on the internet.
Reduce bit depth
- Bit depth means the number of bits used to represent each color in an image. Normally, the resolution of an image is measured in mega pixels. Each mega pixel represents 2 million pixels. So, if you can reduce the bit depth of your image, it will save a lot of space.
- Reduce color depth
Each color in an image is represented by 8 bits. So, 8 bits x 3 channels = 24 bits. Reducing the color depth by 8 bits, i.e., to 16 bits, can save a lot of space.
- Reduce frame size
Reducing the frame size can help you save a lot of space.
Use software like Adobe After Effects or DaVinci Resolve
Use specific software like Handbrake for video transcoding
Use MP4 format
- MP4 videos rarely cause any issues, so changing to MP4 format is a viable resolution.
- Download and install Handbrake.
- Open Handbrake and select your MP4 file.
- Choose an H.264 preset from the presets available.
- Select the target resolution from the presets.
- Click on Start to begin the encoding process.
Use an MP4 video converter
- You can use Movavi Video Converter to reduce the file size of your video.
- Download and install the Movavi Video Converter on your computer.
- Open Movavi Video Converter.
- Drag and drop the video you want to compress to the program.
- Now click on Change format.
- In the drop-down menu select the desired format.
- Select one of the presets or select a custom preset according to your needs.