This Windows 11 download tool allows Windows users to install/upgrade the operating system from USB or external drives.
However, some users reported encountering problems when trying to download Windows 7 with the media creation tool.
One of these problems is the message: Installation media cannot be added as source by source exception.
This can be a big problem for many users, but fortunately, there are some solutions that can potentially fix this problem.
- The Windows 7 download media creation tool is an official tool for creating bootable USB drives, which is essential for installing Windows 7.
- The tool allows you to make a bootable USB drive, which you can use to install Windows 7 on your PC.
- The tool is easy to use, and you don’t have to download any third-party software.
Close the Windows Updates service
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to open Run, type services.msc in the text field, and click OK.
- Double-click Windows Update in the list of services.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic and click the Stop button.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and select Update & Security.
- Click the Check for updates button.
Temporarily turn off antivirus
- Turn off antivirus temporarily.
- Download Windows 7 installation media
Download Windows 7 installation media from the following link and save the file to your desktop
Check if you are running Windows 7 SP1
- Downloading Windows Media Creation tool needs Windows 7 SP1.
- If you have Windows 7 SP1 on your PC, download Windows Media Creation tool.
- Install Windows 7 SP1 update on your PC if Windows 7 SP1 version is not installed.
- Once Windows 7 SP1 is installed, download the Windows Media Creation tool.
- Run the Windows Media Creation tool.
- Select the language and click on Next.
- Select Create a USB bootable media option and click on Next.
- Select USB storage device and click on Next.
- Select the USB flash drive and click on Start.
Download Windows 7 SP1
- Clicking the Download tool now button will take you to Microsoft’s official Download Windows 7 SP1 page.
- Here, you can either choose 32-bit or 64-bit version, and then click the Download button.
- Wait until download is complete.